Sue Dent recently scrawled a comment here at my private journal. Clearly, the woman is a ninja, because very few have ever gotten past my balance traps, caltrops and pastry-spectre and lived to leave grafitti.
So, out of grudging respect for her stealth and moxie, I thought I'd mention* her novel Never Ceese. At the amazon site, you can read an excerpt (my initial thoughts - good writing, intriguing premise, knows the genre, brings something new early on in the chapter) and order the book.
Not having read the book yet, I can nevertheless highly recommend it for, uhm, humans who like letters that are put together in patterns to form words. Also turning paper pages with thumbs or fingers. If either of those are musts for you, I guarantee you'll like pushing the thin swatches of tree pulp and decoding its inkstains.
Sue Dent can be hunted down on the internet at, of all places, http://suedent.blogspot.com/
Incidentally, my thumbs and fingers are 88% fatty tissue, 6% concrete. They seek same. Which is why my stories are likewise - 88% fatty tissue, 6% concrete.** Just like my sandwiches.***
*to myself, of course. Not you. You aren't even supposed to be here.
**Which is why no one reads them.
***Which is why no one eats them.
UPDATE: A shameless propagandist mentioned her new site http://www.suedent.net/ - I'm not going to snitch on the tipster but her name rhymes with "Sue Dent."
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Never Ceese Always Starts
Posted by
Daniel
at
8:27 AM
Labels: Never Ceese, Sue Dent
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
But how could I resist such a warm invitation. You see, here in Mississippi, "don't vist" means "ya'll come but jes' make sure an bring the mother-in-law cuz' I'm hungry." Okay, that would be for Mississippi ogres.
Not to say that I've met any of those. *ignoring hot stinky breath of the one staring over my shoulder* "Light a match, will ya!"
Hey, look! I have asterisks to on my keyboard. ************** They do come in handy.
Oh, let's not forget about www.sudent.net it's new. I'm going to add a guestbook for ogre's . . . maybe. Hmmmmmm . . .
I've got to say, I'm not a huge fan of werewolves, ever since last year's brutal attack.
Werewolves stole my donuts.
[Strange, irrelevant sidenote. about a thousand years ago, when I was still a shoat, my first full-fledged short story that had a beginning, middle and an end was an attempted haunting tale about a man who hunts down and kills a werewolf. The twist at the end was that she, the werewolf, was also a vampire.
Really, it was novel at the time. My mom said so.
I should revise it so that the guy kills the vampire, and then she becomes the Bride of Frankenstein. But then gets killed and turned into a zombie. Then cloned. Then goes to Hollywood.
Hollywood's already done it: Vampwolf vs Jason vs Freddys vs Predator vs Alien.
The ABA is contracting Dent to do the novel.
When asked for comment, the CBA said "Humbug." Really, I'd like to see 'em all gang up on God. Short movie.
To God be the glory,
Frank Creed--novelist & founder of the Lost Genre Guild
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Home: http://www.frankcreed.com
Book Review Blog: http://afrankreview.blogspot.com/
Lost Genre Guild Site: http://www.lostgenreguild.com/
Lost Genre Guild Blog: http://blog.lostgenreguild.com/
The Underground Series: http://www.booksoftheunderground.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, your security is bad. Now Creed is here. He must've done his ogre impression to get around the cameras. Not very good but obviously good enough.
What?
Those weren't cameras? :o
The why did I waste my time dancing in front of them then? Oh, well, at least no one saw me. Hey, look he brought some donuts for the werewolves. :)
Oh, yum.
Post a Comment