Jeff Gerke at Where The Map Ends is a writer's writer's, uh, editor...thingy.* He's funny and smart and experienced and, uh, funny, too.
He has a great writing commandment today, too. Tip #62** - Go, and don't do likewise.
*I wroted that all by my self. Because I'm very good at the putting words together and making them sound right thing.
**What is it with these young writers today and their metrosexual "Writing Tips?" When I was a boy, all the great writers dispensed writing Laws, by God, and we liked it. "Show, Don't Tell." "Never end a sentence with a preposition." "Adverbs are for communist weaklings." "Consonants are not your friend."
Today, we've got all these kinder, gentler "Writing Tips," like "As a writer, you are totally free to write whatever you feel, in any way you so choose, but if I might offer this little tip, for you to reject or accept at any level you so desire, I would just say that you might want to move the skull explosion scene from the author's dedication to a more climactic part of the 900-page novel. Perhaps the prologue?"
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
The Map Ends. Then Does a Bit About Timmy and A Well.
Posted by
Daniel
at
11:46 AM
Labels: jeff gerke, where the map ends, writing disinformation campaign
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment