My mind can warp things I hear into contrary intentions. Even the lyrics of "Jingle Bells" can become downright homicidal if I listen to the words I think I hear instead of the words that are there.
God's a shocker. Sometimes we hear condemnation when what He's pouring on us is a piping hot vat of liberty.
I'll let you be the judge. Are the following two verses hammers of doom, or vessels of joy?
"May their dining table become a trap before them!
May it be a snare for that group of friends!" (Psalm 69:22)
Or, to put it more plainly:
"Some things in these letters are hard to understand, things the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they also do to the rest of the scriptures." (2nd Peter 3:16)
Thursday, December 27, 2007
A One Horse Open Slay
Posted by
Daniel
at
7:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment