Scott Jorgenson has achieved world domination.
First, the guy co-stars in the 2nd* greatest short film in world history: "Fear of Girls"
In FoG, he played Raymond Ractburger, a lovelorn hardcore gamer. FoG also features my favorite representation of Christians on film. I know I'm supposed to be offended by their awkward, judgmental portrayal, but the fact is that if it wasn't for awkward, judgmental Christians who cared enough about the weird little atheist that I was to share the gospel with me, God knows where I might be today. No, literally, God knows, and I'm pretty sure He's wiping his brow in relief over the few who took his message seriously enough to try to beat me over the head with it.
Anyhow, back to the issue of infinitely greater import than my salvation: Scott Jorgenson's film career.
This guy has already achieved greatness. Raymond Ractburger, pining for his unwitting Leia...his Arwen...his Shakura!...Ractburger is an American everyman, iconic, the Tom Joad of the X Generation, if you will.
But yesterday...I witnessed the great Jorgenson achieving new heights. You probably don't know this (okay, yes you do, because you are "me") but I work in the telecommunications industry. One of my all-time favorite novels is Harry Newton's 973-page Telecom Dictionary. (Bonus: My favorite entry is the hotly debated "octathorpe" AKA octothorpe, octotherp, octothorp.)
I don't work for Qwest by any stretch of the imagination, but I love to see my industry strive for greatness, even it it is in the form of a competitor. Qwest did such a thing.
For their latest ad, they hired Jorgenson. He's hilarious in a silent role.
Good show, Qwest. Good show.
Now learn how to spell. Your company name reads like a breakfast cereal.
*The #1 Slot going, of course, to Tater, Tomater.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Scott Jorgenson Dominates Planet (Mine)
Posted by
Daniel
at
6:33 AM
Labels: Fear of Girls, FoG, Hubbell, Lommel, Scott Jorgenson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment